Brahmos Missile - World's fastest cruise missile in operation

by   SJRANJAN

Brahmos MissileBrahmos is the world's fastest cruise missile that can be launched from aircraft, submarines, ships or land. India and Russian army together formed a joint venture company, called "BrahMos Aerospace Private Limited", to create fastest missile in the world.

The Name

The missile name taken from the name of two rivers, the brahmaputra of India and Moskva of Russia.

Missile History

In 1998, the President of India A. P. J. Abdul Kalam and Deputy Defence Minister of Russia N.V.Mikhailov signed Inter-Governmental Agreement in Moscow to found BrahMos Aerospace Private Limited to have a cruise missile system in India.

In "BrahMos Aerospace Private Limited", India holds 50.5% share and Russia holds the other 49.5%.

The "Defence Research and Development Organization" of India and the "Federal State Unitary Enterprise NPO Mashinostroyenia" of Russia works together to develop world's fastest supersonic cruise missile system.

It is expected to be available for Indian Army by 2017.

Read More...

http://www.brahmos.com/

 

Search

You may like...

Hurricane - A Natural Disaster

A hurricane is a huge storm. Hurricanes rotate in a counter-clockwise ...


Apollo 11 - Spaceflight Landed First Humans in Moon

Apollo 11 is the spaceflight by which Neil Armstrong and Aldrin reach ...


Nasa's Voyager 1 entering Milky Way !!!

Nasa's Voyager 1 has entered uncharted territory on the border of our ...


Thomas Alva Edison - American inventor holding 1093 US patents

Thomas Alva Edison was an American inventor, popularly known for his i...


Robert Adler - Inventor of Wireless Remote Controller for Televisions

Robert Adler, the Austrian - born American scientist is the inventor o...